Surprise! Welcome to Your Birthday Blog!

Surprise! Welcome to Your Birthday Blog!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

In the Beginning... from Cindy


In honor of this special occasion, I went through some old photos and arranged them here for all to see, so get ready for a little trip down Memory Lane…

I’ll start with my favorite photo of the two of us together, and we certainly had many photos taken together, especially when we were little girls. I guess I like this one the best because it reminds me of our carefree, childhood days, and special times spent outdoors at Open Woods Lake, and many campgrounds and parks on LI and across the country. It also reminds me of how, although I have a fiercely independent streak as seen here by my little pout, I also depended on you a lot growing up, and still do. It was always a great comfort to me when I faced the next milestone, to know you had already faced it and survived, so I would probably survive too. I also had the benefit of your experience and advice.


Here is another funny photo I found. It might have been Christmas or your birthday, but as you can see, you’re holding up some little homemade object or doll. I’m guessing it’s something I made for you as a gift, and you’re obviously thrilled with it! Lucky for me, you continue to be thrilled whenever I shower you with my homemade gifts, no matter how amateurish and unprofessional they may be! I am also guessing the lovely purple and white crocheted vest was also a gift, and you wear it so well! Don’t you also love the groovy swag lamp in the background? Amazing we survived the 70s with some small measure of personal style and taste!


On to the 80s! Here we are singing together in the high school follies. It was great that we were able to maintain a close relationship despite all the drama of high school.
Here are some more photos from those years, including some talented friends and our special Chorus teacher, Mr. Blunt. These were from our trip to Philadelphia. Look at the Liberty Bell – it’s walking away!

































I also came across these pictures of a surprise party. Was it your 16th birthday? What great times we used to have!


And now we have parties that look more like this:




But as always, you’re right in the middle of the action with all the kids. You’re a super Aunt as well as a great friend and sister. I’m betting we’ll both be there for each other for the next 50 years, offering a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear, or someone to share a good laugh with. Happy Birthday and many happy returns!
Love,

Cindy





2 comments:

  1. Today I turn 50 years old. I am so blessed by so many things.
    The wonderful family I have; my wonderful friends;
    so blessed to have Steve in my life.
    I have a successful business, a wonderful home and the material things.
    So blessed.

    Thank you all for your birthday wishes today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am overwhelmed by all this!
    With tears in my eyes, I say Thank You.

    ReplyDelete