Surprise! Welcome to Your Birthday Blog!

Surprise! Welcome to Your Birthday Blog!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Blast from Your Past

Nancy and I decided to pair up for the three-legged race for Black and Gold night. We practiced for days up and down the hallway leading to the chorus room. We were REALLY good at it. We were always in step with each other and would FLY down the hallway. We were confident we would win.

So, the night of black and gold arrives. The three-legged race competition is about to begin. We had tied our legs together and we were all ready to go. We were filled with determination. The bell was rung and we tore down our lane in the gymnasium. One lap, two laps; who remembers. What I do remember is that we WON!! I KNEW we would win. We had practiced and practiced and had mastered the skill. BUT, "they" (and I believe it was Mr. Griffin - the english teacher) had called a false start. Someone had jumped the bell and the race had to be re-run. We were disappointed but we KNEW we would win it again. During all that confusion, our cloth had come untied, so as we were in the process of retying it, "they" sounded the bell. "WHAT? WE AREN'T READY," I screamed. To no avail. The race continued without us and low and behold, we lost. I don't remember WHO won and it doesn't really matter, does it? In our eyes, WE won that race, no matter what "they" say!!! LOL - but I'm not bitter!!

Just retelling that story cracks me up. I wonder if you remember it?

With MUCH Love,

Gary Alaimo

2 comments:

  1. This is hysterical! I do remember this, especially running up and down the hall to practice.
    Too Funny! Thanks for the great memory, and for being a true friend after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete