Surprise! Welcome to Your Birthday Blog!

Surprise! Welcome to Your Birthday Blog!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Little Sis


Wow! Fifty years! Who'd have thought we would ever be old. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were playing canasta in the back of the Suburban, driving through Chicago during a tornado watch, on the way to Madison, Wisconsin. We have some great memories from our many camping trips and we learned a lot about rocks.
But seriously, you have always been a person I've looked up to. As the youngest of the 3 girls, I was almost in awe of you a lot of the time. You always seemed to have it together. And, even if you didn't, you never lost your cool. You were also one of the first people I felt took me seriously as a teenager. I remember you talking to me and treating me as a peer, which I greatly appreciated as a 9th grader among juniors and seniors.
You have lived through some wonderful times and some unbearably difficult times. Throughout it all, you've shown grace, poise, and amazing resolve. Enjoy every moment, every day, every month. Time goes so fast and it's so easy to take things for granted. I hope that the next 50 years are full of love and peace and joy.
love,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment